The expertise and diversity of our real estate and finance attorneys allows us to effectively, efficiently and timely deliver the highest quality legal services for all aspects of our clients' real estate needs throughout Texas and across the United States. In fact, our real estate practice was recognized in the U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers' 2019 "Best Law Firms" ranking and three of our attorneys are Board Certified in Commercial Real Estate by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
We represent private entities and financial institutions, including banks, savings and loan companies, mortgage companies, insurance companies, and others in connection with the negotiation and documentation of loan transactions.
Our real estate practice also includes representation of multifamily builders and developers in connection with acquisition, development and leasing of multifamily projects including negotiation of CMBS loans and related defeasance matters. In addition, we represent includes developers in acquisition and development of single family subdivisions including projects located within development districts, municipality utility districts and fresh water supply districts.
When a client's need goes beyond the expertise or jurisdiction of a real estate attorney, our firm has access to global resources and a real estate industry team made up of attorneys with a range of practices all focused towards the real estate industry allowing us to help solve nearly any issue that a client may encounter such as construction, M&A, tax, litigation and eminent domain.
Gray Reed's Real Estate Expertise
- Acquisition, development and construction
- Leasing, property management and disposition of real property
- Financing and negotiation of CMBS loans and related defeasance matters
- Land use, zoning and negotiations with governmental authorities
- Tax matters, including counsel for REITs and REMICs
- Workouts, restructuring and pre-suit dispute resolution
- Enforcement matters such as foreclosures, bankruptcies and evictions
Select Representative Experience
- Representation of developers in connection with the acquisition, development and financing of a $10MM plus multiphase subdivision
- Representation of a Fortune 100 company in the acquisition, construction and development of major hub locations throughout Texas
- Structuring subordinate and mezzanine financing for shopping center projects
- Coordination of tax-exempt bond financing for purchase, development and construction of retirement facilities
- Representation of owners and tenants in various eminent domain matters
- Representation of seller/tenants in $10-20MM sale/leaseback arrangements
- Representation of developers and landlords of multi-family properties, office buildings and shopping centers
Why Real Estate Clients Feel at Home at Gray Reed
Your experience with our real estate attorneys will be fully aligned with your goals and objectives and tailored specifically to how you want to do business with us. Our lawyers are adaptable and nimble – you will never be forced into a box that doesn’t fit your opportunity or problem, or your needs and desires. Whether we are your longtime partner in closing a high value transaction or representing you in the courtroom, you’ll be comfortable with our skill and practical approach. We know exactly when to turn up the heat and when collaboration is the smartest way for you to achieve your goals.